Leather Dog Collar for Sighthounds
If ever a dog collar evoked understated luxury, this is the one. The Dogsnug leather dog collars for whippets, lurchers greyhounds and iggies are comfortable, stylish and very strong. Using the finest quality British leather, the dog collars feel butter soft and tactile, ageing beautifully and retaining their character. Designed to last a lifetime, the older this leather is, the more beautiful it becomes.
New in Red!
As with most Dogsnug products, our collars are custom-made and can be personalised with your loved dog’s initials.
Available in black with various embossings, and now in red for a touch of passionate elegance.
- All our dog collars are lined with a very soft quality leather suede. This ensures that your dog’s neck is caressed and protected from chafing when the dog collar is worn. This is particularly important when it comes to breeds of dogs such as sighthounds for two main reasons: their skin is often more delicate than other dog breeds and the collar needs to be wider to avoid slipping off their long and slim necks.
- The soft lining paired with burnished edges for a smooth finish of the leather makes sure that your dog’s neck is protected, from the fragile Italian Greyhound to the stronger Lurcher.
- The buckle and D ring are made of solid brass for extra security and ensure that it doesn’t ‘buckle’ at an inappropriate time.
- Last but not least, the collars are sewn with a sturdy and stable machine stitch to provide extra longevity to the product.
- Collars are 100% handmade, from treating the leather at our selected tannery all the way through cutting the leather to preparing and finishing the product, and are available in a range of widths and sizes to ensure a perfect fit. Collars for sighthound breeds are tapered to ensure the dog doesn’t slip out.
Collars are made in two different widths depending on the size:
- the smaller sizes are 3.5 - 4cm wide, making the collar light and pliable but extremely strong so great for puppies, Italian Greyhounds and Whippets
- bigger sizes are 4.5 - 5cm wide, suitable for bigger dog breeds such as Lurchers, taller Whippets and Greyhounds.
For maximum style and class, match with a Dogsnug Leather Dog Lead.
About our leather
At Dogsnug we use only the best quality vegetable tanned leather available. We source our leather uniquely from a local tannery in the heart of England which uses traditional hand working methods. This is a labour intensive process and justifies the high price we pay for this type of leather. Our leather is a bi-product of the EU meat industry.
There are three qualities we look for in our leather:
- Appearance – it must look good. It must have a good depth of colour and age well without natural imperfections that weaken the leather
- Tactility – it must be smooth, comfortable and flexible to handle
- Durability – we expect it to last for many years so must be exceptionally strong and withstand the elements.
Good quality leather is a reassuring nod to how things used to be: a time of doing things slowly, carefully and with pride. A natural material that demands considered care and attention so that it can produce beautiful objects that can be treasured for many years. In today’s world, there aren’t many things that get better with age – good leather is one of them.